This homemade Edamame Hummus is easy to make, super-creamy, and tastes oh-so flavorful!
I’ve taken a little creative license with the standard hummus recipe and mixed it with another favorite of mine, edamame. Enjoy it with pitas, crunchy veggies or slather it on sandwiches or wraps.
Make this delicious recipe once and it will be hard to go back to regular hummus again.
I hate to admit it, but my husband and I are basically professional snackers. We love trying out new recipes and reinventing dips and bites.
Luckily, we tend to snack smart and make healthy choices. Which is how I came around to this delicious (and nutritious) Edamame Hummus. There really is nothing better than homemade hummus. Once you learn how easy it is to make your own, store-bought hummus will be out of the picture.
If you can use a blender, you can make your own Edamame Hummus. Seriously, it’s that easy! Don’t believe me? This recipe literally comes together 2 minutes.
What Ingredients do I need?
- Shelled edamame
- Minced garlic
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
Just blend and voila! It really is that simple!
*Specific measurements are listed in the recipe card below*
What’s the best hummus recipe? To that I say, whatever flavor combination you prefer the best! Check out more of my delicious hummus recipes below!
- 12oz edamame (If using frozen, makes sure they are fully thawed and cooked)
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp minced garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ⅓- ½ cup water (depending on how thin you would like the hummus to be)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a food processor, break down the edamame.
- Add garlic, tahini, olive oil and lemon juice. Blend until everything is well mixed.
- Add fresh cilantro and salt & pepper to taste.
- If you would like a thinner hummus, add ⅓-½ cup of water. Add a little at a time, until you have reached your preferred consistency. Blend until you have a creamy texture.
- Serve with pita bread, crackers or your favorite veggies. ENJOY!