This is a Lunar New Year staple because the word for radish (菜头, chhài-thâu) is a homophone for “good fortune” (好彩头, hó-chhái-thâu) in Hokkien language, older generation used to make and giveaway to relatives and friends. In Singapore and Malaysia, we hardly call this Turnip/ Radish Cake, it’s more commonly known as Carrot Cake aka Lo Bak Go 萝卜糕 in Cantonese. Usually made by steaming, this time I tried another method using Ninja Foodi Pressure Cook function. Started with Sear/ Saute mode to stir fry the ingredients, then switch to pressure cook. I like this deep pot, it’s easier to stir fry the ingredients in this ceramic-coated pot which is non-stick, I can use very little oil for stir-frying..
The Ninja Foodi multi-cooker that I’m using is a combination of a pressure cooker and air fryer in one pot, it’s super-efficient and time-saving. Besides pressure cook and air frying, there are other functions such as steam, slow cook, sear/ saute, bake/ roast, grill, and keep warm. I also use it for stir-frying dishes with 5 adjustable heat levels. Overall, Ninja Foodi is a good all-in-one product, just like a portable kitchen with a rice cooker, pressure cooker, air fryer, oven and stovetop functions, reasonable price, and highly versatile.
Where to buy Ninja Foodi at the best price?
Ninja Foodi OP300 is available in Singapore and Malaysia for online purchases, the sale price is $499 (UP $599). The best-discounted price is using a discount code which you can use my exclusive code to buy at the lowest price 👉S$374.25 (UP: $599). This discount is valid for orders from Singapore and Malaysia via Ninja Kitchen SG Website (I’ve attached the link below👇).
If you’re interested, grab it with this best price before the promo ends. 😉
Quick guide to order your Ninja Foodi:
2. Tap “ADD TO CART”, select quantity.
3. Tap “CHECKOUT.$499“, key in the discount code: mfa_dingoozatfood. The price after discount is $374.25. Fill in the delivery details and proceed.
Make 1x 6″ cake
500g White Radish/ Daikon/ Turnip
30g chopped Dried Shrimps, rehydrated
1 small Chinese Sausage, diced
3 Dried Shiitake Mushroom, soaked and reserved *water.
25g Wheat Starch
100g Rice Flour
250g – 300g Chicken Broth + *mushroom water, adjust the amount accordingly.
About 1/2 tsp – 3/4 tsp Salt, adjust to taste
1/4 tsp White Pepper
Some shallot oil to grease the cake pan
Some chopped spring onion, chilies and fried shallots for garnishing.
If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you.
1. Peel and shred radish using Ninja Intellisense System Auto-Spiralizer. This is super fast if you have the Auto-Spiralizer, take less than 2 minutes to get this done! Watch the video below, it’s much faster than shredding manually.
Squeeze out excess water and set aside. Sieve flour, salt and white pepper, set aside.
👉 Besides spiralizer, the blender set can be used to crush ice to make smoothie, shakes, ice cream, and all kinds of drinks. The processor also comes with a dough blade for preparing cookie dough and bread dough, a processor for puree, process/ chop veggies, and meat for making salad, patties, nuggets, etc.
Miki’s Food Archives followers can buy at the lowest price of $349.30 (UP $549, Sale Price: $499). Promo code valid for orders from Singapore & Malaysia via Ninja Kitchen official website 👇
Key in promo code upon checkout to redeem the offer.
🌟 PROMO CODE: mfa_blender 🌟
CT682 – NINJA INTELLISENSE SYSTEM (U.P: $549)
Promo code price: $349.30 nett.
🌟 PROMO CODE: mfa_blender 🌟
2. Use Ninja Foodi Sear/ Saute(HI) mode, heat some oil in the inner pot. Add in dried shrimps, mushroom and Chinese sausage, stir fry till fragrant. Set aside.
3. Add in shredded radish, stir fry for a minute or so. Add in 100g chicken broth and sifted flour. Gradually stir in chicken broth till the mixture is thick and pliable. Stir in dried shrimps and Chinese sausage. Transfer to a 6″ cake pan.
8 Customisable cooking functions with easy one touch control
4. Pressure cook in Ninja Foodi for 15minutes. Ninja Foodi is a very useful all-in-one appliance that replaces your Pressure Cooker, Air Fryer and Slow Cooker. You can grill, steam, bake, roast, pressure cook, air fry, slow cook, all in one compact kitchen machine with 8 customizable cooking functions. You can also use Ninja Foodi STEAM function to steam the radish cake.
If you’re keen to buy Ninja Foodi, you can use this best buy promo code: mfa_dingoozatfood to buy at the lowest price 👉S$374.25 (UP: $599). This promo code discount is valid for orders from Singapore and Malaysia via Ninja Kitchen SG Website (I’ve attached the link below👇).
If you’d like to find out more about Ninja Foodi functions and how it works, watch the video below:
5. When it’s done, remove the cake pan from the pot. Let it cooled completely on the rack, about 2-3 hours for the radish cake to set. Garnish with spring onion, chilies and fried shallot before serving. You may store the turnip cake in the refrigerator to serve later. Slice and Air-Crisp in the Ninja Foodi before serve. Taste superb!
|Homemade Radish Cake/ Carrot Cake/ Lo Bak Go
Taste good on its own!
|Air Fried Radish Cake/ Lo Bak Go in the Ninja Foodi
This is so much easier than pan-fry!!