This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #spiceupspringtime #CheckOutOurBackside #GreenMountainGringo
This Spicy Spring Veggie Burger is healthy, satisfying, and so easy to make! Full of black beans, poblano peppers, grilled corn, topped with Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa, all on a perfectly toasted bun. It’s simply the best!
It’s burger time! Warm weather always brings out the burger-lovers in all of us. Am I right?
What if I told you the next time you have a craving for a burger, to try a veggie version instead? You may think I’m crazy, but trust me on this one. Vegetarian recipes don’t need to be bland or boring. This flavor packed veggie burger is killer!
In addition to black beans, there are bursts of grilled sweet corn and fresh poblano peppers in each bite. Topping it with Green Mountain Gringo® Salsa is just another reason why this recipe is my favorite.
Green Mountain Gringo® makes high quality food products for individuals who are health conscious and also want to know what ingredients are included in their products.
They have a long history of providing delicious products with truly clean ingredient labels. In fact, “Check Out Our Backside” is a proposal Green Mountain Gringo® gives their customers, with the promise of preparing delicious, healthy options with high quality ingredients.
**Check out their product locator to find a store near you that stocks all their goodies!**
How to cook Spicy Spring Veggie Burgers?
You can easily cook these in the oven or a skillet. But, if you prefer to use a grill, I would recommend using a double sided grill basket. It will make it much easier to flip the burgers, without the chance of loosing anything through the grates.
**Note these burgers will not shrink, like meat burgers. Make sure you form them to the size and thickness you would like them to be.
- Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa– Green Mountain Gringo® is my salsa of choice any time of year, but especially when the weather starts to warm up and we all start to enjoy the outdoors. They have plenty of flavor options that perfect for any “socially distanced” activity with friends and family.
- Black Beans– I used canned beans for this recipe. I’m all about simple, simple, simple.
- Poblano Peppers– The spice of these peppers will vary. You may get a tame or super spicy one. If you take a sample and find it is spicy, use only half if you want.
- Fresh corn– There is nothing better than fresh corn! I grilled mine to add a little extra flavor to the burgers.
- Green onions– The more fresh ingredients the better, right? Chopped green onions are the perfect addition!
- Eggs– These will act as a binder for your burgers. If you would prefer to have a vegan option, you can make flax eggs to replace the regular eggs. 1 tablespoons ground flax seed meal + 3 tablespoons water. Stir until well combined and let sit for about 10 minutes to set up.
- Breadcrumbs– I used gluten free breadcrumbs, but feel free to use regular breadcrumbs or even panko breadcrumbs.
- Seasonings– Cumin and garlic salt take this burger to the next level. If you want to add more spice, feel free to add a dash or two of red pepper flakes.
- Buns– Choose your favorite burger bun, gluten free or not. **Or go bun-less all together.
- Optional additions– Lettuce, tomato & onions. You can never have too many fresh vegetables!
All ingredients with details measurements are in the printable recipe card below
How to Prepare Spicy Spring Veggie Burgers:
Step 1: In a food processor, combine black beans (reserving 1 cup), bread crumbs, eggs and dry seasonings. Pulse until everything is combined.
Step 2: In a large bowl, mix together pureed ingredients with remaining black beans, chopped poblano, grilled corn, and chopped onion.
Step 3: Form patties to the size of your buns, and place on a prepared baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F. for approximately 20 minutes (flipping half way through the cooking process).
Step 4: Carefully remove the burgers from your oven. Top with desired amount of Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa.
Step 5: Build your delicious Spicy Spring Veggie Burgers. Top with fresh lettuce, tomato & onion if desired.
What do I serve with Spicy Spring Veggie Burgers?
Of course, the PERFECT side would be Green Mountain Gringo® Tortilla Chips. But, some other great options are:
- Cold Pasta Salad
- Cucumber Salad
- Garden Salad
- Grilled Asparagus
- Potato Salad or my Skinny Cauliflower Salad
You will never need another veggie burger recipe again. This is Spicy Spring Veggie Burger is sure to become your go-to, top of the list, burger of all burgers recipe.
- 2 15oz cans of black beans – drained & rinsed
- 1 poblano pepper – chopped
- 1-2 grilled corn on the cob
- 3 green onions – chopped
- 2 eggs
- Desired amount of Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs (or preferred)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Preferred burger buns (if desired)
- Optional toppings: tomatoes, onions, lettuce
- In a food processor, combine black beans (reserving 1 cup), bread crumbs, eggs and dry seasonings. Pulse until everything is combined.
- In a large bowl, mix together pureed ingredients with remaining black beans, chopped poblano, grilled corn, and chopped onion.
- Form patties to the size of your buns, and place on a prepared baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F. for approximately 20 minutes (flipping half way through the cooking process).
- Carefully remove the burgers from your oven. Top with desired amount of Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa.
- Build your delicious Spicy Spring Veggie Burgers. Top with fresh lettuce, tomato & onion if desired.